Forresters is a leading full service intellectual property firm with an international client base. We have offices located in London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Munich and Southampton. Since being established in 1884, we have grown from a regional firm into an international practice. Despite our long history we are a young firm with a fresh approach to our clients’ requirements. We are rated as one of the leading intellectual property firms in the UK.
The successful candidates will join Forresters' thriving Patent groups in our Birmingham office, and will train in handling all aspects of patents and registered designs. The candidates will assist in protecting inventions in a wide range of technical fields.
On-the-job training will be given by partners and other fully qualified senior attorneys, as well as through external training courses. The aim is for the candidates to become fully-qualified UK and European patent attorneys.
• A 2:1 degree or above in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is required.
• You must be capable of working both independently and as part of a team, have organisational skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• You must possess a commitment to quality and attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Start date: Summer/autumn 2018
• Very competitive salary.
• A pleasant and friendly working environment.
• Flexible working – core hours.
• Additional 6 flexi days off in lieu.
• 35 hour week.
• 22 days of annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing up to 25 with length of service.
• Private Medical Insurance.
• Health Cash plan.
• Childcare vouchers.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Season Ticket Loan.
• Mutual pension contribution of up to 5%.